Seller's Closing Checklist
Real Estate-Seller's Closing Checklist
- Identification will need to be provided at the closing. Please bring two
forms of identification: one must be a photo ID (state driver's license,
government ID, state photo ID, U.S. passport, military ID, or a resident
- Your Social Security Number, your forwarding address, and a phone number
are required to be provided at the closing for tax purposes.
- Payoff information (the lender name, phone number, and loan account number)
for any outstanding mortgages and liens is to be provided to the closing
attorney in advance of the closing.
- Homeowner's Association contact information is to be provided to the
closing attorney in advance of the closing in order that a homeowner's
association letter can be obtained.
- Original Power-of-Attorney if you are unable to attend the closing. A Power-of-Attorney
must be approved by the closing attorney in advance of the closing.
- Collected funds in the form of a cashier's check, certified check,
or a wire for any monies due at the closing.
- Original owner's title insurance policy if requested by the closing
attorney to resolve any title defects.
- Invoices to be paid at the closing per the contract that are approved in
advance by the lender.
- Original termite letter if required by the contract with a paid receipt
(without a paid receipt, the fee will be collected at closing).
- House keys and garage door openers.
- Any additional documents requested by the closing attorney or lender.
Contact us for more information.