Buyer's Closing Checklist
Real Estate-Buyer's Closing Checklist
- Identification will need to be provided at the closing. Please bring two
forms of identification: one must be a photo ID (state driver's license,
government ID, state photo ID, U.S. passport, military ID, or resident
alien card) and your social security card.
- Original homeowner's insurance policy with the paid receipt showing
coverage fulfilling the lender requirements (without a paid receipt the
premium will be collected at closing). The policy must show adequate coverage
and be effective on or before the closing date.
- Original Power-of-Attorney if you are unable to attend the closing. A Power-of-Attorney
must be approved by the closing attorney and the lender in advance of
- Collected funds in the form of a cashier's check, certified check,
or a wire for any monies due at the closing and payable to yourself and
endorsed at the closing.
- Checkbook in the event that the estimate for the funds needed prior to
the closing is not enough.
- Invoices to be paid at the closing per the contract that are approved in
advance by the lender.
- Original termite letter, if required by the lender, with a paid receipt
(without a paid receipt, the fee will be collected at the closing).
- Any additional documents requested by the closing attorney or the lender.
Contact our office for more information.